Photography: Daniel Rosario - @theboomchronicles
Nova - @materialsathand
Kalyn - @kalynkawaii

So I recently took a trip to NYC to enjoy my birthday. I'm a Florida baby, so New York was like a whole different world to me. Of course, I had to visit Soho to see what the hype was about. It was literally a walking runway. Fashion beasts on every street. Of all of style gawds that I came across, no one stood out more than these two ladies, which is why I had to dedicate a special blog post to them. Listen... I almost went nuts when I saw baby girl with the pink jacket and cash heart earrings. I pressured my best friend to go ask if he could snap some shots of her. Come to find out, she actually made the earrings that she was wearing. She mentioned that her friend who was a real fashionista and we automatically knew who she was when we saw her walking towards our way. I absolutely liveddddd for the both of them. The Spike Lee jacket and and the Jeremy Scott basketball bag took the cake! I wish I had asked them more about their outfit details but I was way too into the moment. 

There's nothing I appreciate more than authentic creative expression through fashion. What's unique about it is that it comes across as extremely natural and extremely free.  If I could describe Kalyn and Nova's style it would be something like "urban chic carefree black girl". I feel like I lost a lot of my creativity as I got older because I wasn't encouraged to be the creative individual I was by nature. They truly inspire me to dig deep into my creative side. If you want more info on how to get Kalyn's earrings or need creative consultation by Nova make sure you check out their Instagrams!



Leave a Reply