Wide-brim fedora hat: Forever 21 / 
Crochet tunic: Get something similar here
Peep toe slingbacks: Forever 21 

I was supposed to put this outfit on the blog months ago. Usually when I take a while to put things up, I just don't put it up at all. I made the exception just because it's been awhile and I really love this outfit. I also have a great story to go with it.

So... Throughout the semester I would take random trips home to Miami, just to get out of Lamesville and relieve myself from stress. I usually overpack and bring just in case outfits but this particular time I didn't. One night, I went out to this event called the Void. Now, if you've been to the Void then you better come in your best damn outfit. People really be shitting on ya with style but they clearly have money. Let me remind you that I'm still broke and black. Aint shit changed lol. But anyway... I decided to wear this tunic. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring both my nude bra and strapless bra. Now, I hardly wear bras anyway but this top requires one because the crochet section is so deep. Basically if I did too much movement my nips would show. My moms happened to notice them and when I tried to cover them up she said "girl don't try to cover them up now, free the nipple!" I thought it was hilarious because she's usually my #1 hater and always has something slick to say about my outfits. With her confirmation, I confidently let my nips out without a care about anyone's opinions.

My mom's statement was absolutely relevant because "Free the Nipple" is an actual movement. If you're not familiar with the Free the Nipple, it's a movement that challenges censorship and public nudity laws, hoping to decriminalize female nudity. Both males and females share the same but because female nipples are sexualized, it is considered a public indecency to expose them. I support this movement and I hope to do my own little free the nipple visual project in the near future. Looking back at these shots, I wish I would have thought of not wearing a bra. 

#FreeTheNipple



Leave a Reply