"A little learning, indeed, may be a dangerous thing, but the want of learning is a calamity to any people."
-  Frederick Douglass


If you all have been wondering where the hell I've been and why I haven't been updating my blog its because I've been trying to graduate. Lawd.. this had to be the hardest semester ever. I had absolutely too much going on. Between working, volunteering, taking 5 classes and directing shows, I had no time left to work on this blog. Butttt.... on May 3rd, I finally graduated with my bachelor's from the University of Florida!!! These lovely ladies included in the images above are my SISTUHS. SISTUHS, Inc. is an organization for women dedicated to community enrichment. They made the last 2 years of my college experience worthwhile and I am so blessed to be surrounded by likeminded, intelligent black women! We've defeated the odds and made it out of the Swamp!

Education is of so much value and importance and I'm so happy to see my black people being celebrated for graduating from higher education institutions throughout social media outlets. There once was a time when laws were in place to prevent blacks from learning to read and write because They knew the power of knowledge. By keeping Us ignorant, They knew that they would be able to keep Us under control. Under this notion, I encourage ALL people to strive to be educated. I did not attend the University of Florida to be a doctor or lawyer, I attended the University of Florida because I wanted to learn and grow and be educated. 



2 Comments

  1. Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you Margo! Girl you literally do everything blog, dance, model, direct shows...you are my SHERO! Now you have a new reader. Keep it up SUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SUS, I really appreciate it! You made me sound more amazing than I actually am lol

      Delete