Lakers practice jersey: Goodwill / Customized yellow Converse: www.converse.com/custom / Flower hairpiece: Dollar Tree (added a hairpin to the back) 

First of all, let me say, I am not a Lakers fan. I am not a Lamar Odom fan. I'm not even a sports fan. But I do love vintage. I found this gem during a random thrift trip in a Goodwill in Miami, back when jerseys were a emerging again as a major trend. I liked how it resembles the jersey dresses I used to wear in elementary school (y'all know i'm childish af right). I also love that this jersey is reversible, so basically I can flip this bih around on it's white side and wear it another day like its a whole 'nother outfit. 

It's summer so why not match a bright yellow jersey with bright yellow shoes. It created a funky aesthetic along with the flower and my natural hair. I've decided to give up the weaves and let my natural hair breath for awhile (here comes the speech about my natural hair journey, but I promise to keep it short ! :) I was natural until about my sophomore year of high school when I decided to join my school's dance line. I made the choice to get a texturizer to prevent my hair from frizzing up during performances. Fast forward to my junior year of college with lots of split ends and heat damage. By this time, the natural hair movement had been going strong so it was very encouraging to see other black women embrace their natural hair. 

I've been transitioning for about a year and a half now. Honestly, it took me awhile to get comfortable with my wearing my own hair because I thought I looked better with "Eurocentric" hairstyles but we'll save that discussion for another time (because I promised I'd keep it short and I lied).  I get aggravated with my hair because it's so thick which is another reason why I always resort back to weave. I wish I could give you guys natural hair tips but I'm still learning. Once I get my own hair together I'll be more than happy to share :)



2 Comments

  1. I'm not a sports fan either but I would love to own a jersey like this! I also love your hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I truly appreciate that because it's taking a while to get comfortable with it!

      Delete